No announcement yet.

***Draft Day Chatter***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After not agreeing with taking Lynch so early, I actually like now how everything turned out for the Bills on day 1. They got Posluszny anyway in the 2nd round, and only had to give up a 3rd round pick to do it. Had they taken Posluszny (or any LB or other defensive player in round 1) they would not have gotten Lynch, so as it turns out, good move.

Then they got Edwards at the end of the 3rd round with one of the picks they got from Baltimore for McGahee, which may be the same guy who they had taken if they would have picked earlier in the 3rd round with their regular pick, instead of giving that pick to Detroit....so really all they did was give up one of the picks they got from Baltimore, and already got a potential replacement for him, plus they still have i believe (without going and checking) 2 extra 6th rounders coming from Baltimore.

From my understanding, the Bills felt like they were getting a huge value taking Edwards where they got him. They apparently had him graded as going somewhere in the 40's and got him at #92....and it's not like they have any kind of decent back up anyway.

I think if they had grabbed a QB in the first or second round, it would have been bad....as far as it would have looked like they were trying to get someone to replace JP, but taking Edwards where they did, they got a guy who has good potential for the future and can be a solid back up for now just in case, without JP having to look over his shoulder worrying that he's gonna get benched every time he makes a bad throw or poor decision.

This way it gives them a few more years to see if JP will progress (or regress, lol) and a solid back up plan if he does go to **** or get hurt in the next 3 years....or however long they sign Edwards for.

If they do as well today as they did yesterday, I'll be very pleased actually...

Comment

• Originally posted by vazman05 View Post
      randy moss to the Pats...wow
      Are you serious??

Comment

• Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
        Are you serious??
        yea...just made official....:nuts:

Comment

• Geez, they reported Moss ran a 4.29 and 4.30 in his workout. The Patriots are gonna be unstoppable if he's healthy. Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Maroney, Faulk, Watson, Brady, etc etc etc...

:surrender:

Comment

• Im happier than **** to get Adrian Peterson!

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Guy gets fat yards after first contact.

Im in love with the Purple again!

Comment

• Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
              Geez, they reported Moss ran a 4.29 and 4.30 in his workout. The Patriots are gonna be unstoppable if he's healthy. Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Maroney, Faulk, Watson, Brady, etc etc etc...

:surrender:
              To me this translates into over plays on the Pats this year....IMO their secondary will be prone to the pass big time. Of course I'm pissed that Moss is there...:blackeye:
              Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Working...
              X