Week 8 Lines are out Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DevilsAdvokt View Post
    Kentucky winning last week was as big of upset as standford beating USC in other words never should have happened the MOB probably had their hands dirty in those 2 games....

:fire:
    What?Not even close.

Comment

Agree with Daws.. Miss St +23. Line way to high. But WTF do I know, I'm 20 games below .500...........:laughing:

Comment

Not as good as their record shows??? 9th in total yards per game 14th in the pass 16th on the ground and 3rd in points per game?
        they beat kansas st on the road? are you mad cause they kick kentucky's ass every time they play you in basketball....

Kentucky winning last week was as big of upset as standford beating USC in other words never should have happened the MOB probably had their hands dirty in those 2 games....

:fire:

Okay, let's break this down...

Kansas is up high in all the main stats nationally, but let's look at the schedule.
        Kansas
        vs. Central Michigan 52-7
        vs. Toledo 45-13
        vs. Florida Int. 55-3
        at Kansas St. 30-24
        vs. Baylor 58-10

There are 119 Division 1 football teams, and that schedule ranks 110. All cupcakes except Kansas St., and that's an emotional in-state rivalry so records are thrown out the window on that one, same thing as when UK plays Louisville.

They better have damn good stats with that schedule. Are they better than previous years? Absolutely, but it's obvious their stats are overblown.

In regards to comparing the upsets of Stanford over USC and UK over LSU, that's ridiculous. Comparing a 40 point favorite losing to a 10 point favorite losing is just stupid, especially with USC playing at home and LSU on the road.

Oh and one more thing...on the hardwood, Kentucky is 19 and 6 all-time against you're Jayhawks.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
          i like louie -3 @ uconn:beerbang:
          i think Lou will have a letdown after that Cincy game. Quietly Conn is pretty good. They have a good defense. I'll be on the homedog.
          NCAA YTD: 2-3-2 -3.9 units.

"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself, but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle." Sun Tzu- The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by NathanUK View Post

In regards to comparing the upsets of Stanford over USC and UK over LSU, that's ridiculous. Comparing a 40 point favorite losing to a 10 point favorite losing is just stupid, especially with USC playing at home and LSU on the road.

Oh and one more thing...on the hardwood, Kentucky is 19 and 6 all-time against you're Jayhawks.

First off you will see how not good kentucky is and how big of upset last week really was after the gators are done digesting you this week...
            Gators are gonna turn your field into the new Swamp!

second off my Gayhawks?

HELL NO! **** Kansas
            Bluedevils all the way :beerbang:

Comment

Kentucky lost atleast last 2 vs kansas most recent displayed right here

USATODAY.com - Men's Basketball - Kentucky vs. Kansas

Comment

First off you will see how not good kentucky is and how big of upset last week really was after the gators are done digesting you this week...
                Gators are gonna turn your field into the new Swamp!

second off my Gayhawks?

HELL NO! **** Kansas
                Bluedevils all the way :beerbang:

It's nice to see that you can't even defend Kansas after I bring out the facts to their season.
                In regards to Kentucky, you are dealing with a hypothetical. We'll see what happens Saturday. UK hasn't beaten UF in a long time. Will that change this weekend? Maybe, maybe not, but it's their best chance to do it in quite a while. It won't be easy to regroup after the win over LSU, and Florida was off last week. It sets up well for the Gators, but things aren't always as they seem.

Kentucky lost atleast last 2 vs kansas most recent displayed right here
                I'm well aware of that, but once again, the overall record says it all.

Comment

KANSAS FOOTBALL TEAM is undefeated i dont need to defend them any further...:thumbs:

currently losing teams and their fans always resort to past accomplishments....

Comment

Originally posted by NathanUK View Post
                    Okay, let's break this down...

Kansas is up high in all the main stats nationally, but let's look at the schedule.
                    Kansas
                    vs. Central Michigan 52-7
                    vs. Toledo 45-13
                    vs. Florida Int. 55-3
                    at Kansas St. 30-24
                    vs. Baylor 58-10

There are 119 Division 1 football teams, and that schedule ranks 110. All cupcakes except Kansas St., and that's an emotional in-state rivalry so records are thrown out the window on that one, same thing as when UK plays Louisville.

They better have damn good stats with that schedule. Are they better than previous years? Absolutely, but it's obvious their stats are overblown.

Great points Nathan
                    Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends...

Comment

Here than look at colorado the team your backing this week agaisnt overrated kansas

common opponents

colorado
                      @Baylor w 43-23
                      @Kansas st L 47-20

1-1

kansas
                      vs Baylor w 58-10
                      @Kansas st w 30-24
                      2-0

colorado only worthy win came against oklahoma
                      wish i had seen that game all i know is that oklahoma was up 24-7 and than lost 27-24

ur backing a 4-3 team im backing 6-0 GL to us both :thumbs:

Comment

Here than look at colorado the team your backing this week agaisnt overrated kansas

common opponents

colorado
                        @Baylor w 43-23
                        @Kansas st L 47-20

1-1

kansas
                        vs Baylor w 58-10
                        @Kansas st w 30-24
                        2-0
                        Throw the Kansas St. game out because of what I said earlier...it's an emotional in-state rivalry. Throw trends and records out in that one. That leaves us with Baylor, possibly the worst team in a BCS conference. (Go to hell Guy Morris :laughing: ) Kansas wins by 48 at home, while Colorado wins by 20 on the road. Similar results-probably a slight edge to Kansas.

colorado only worthy win came against oklahoma
                        wish i had seen that game all i know is that oklahoma was up 24-7 and than lost 27-24

Oklahoma is easily a top 10 team, probably top 5 when it's all said and done. Colorado was a home dog, and won the game SU. I'm of the belief that it can happen again, this time against a lesser opponent in Kansas. That's just my thinking. I'm not positive I'm even going to bet it, but with all the home dog success going on, I probably will. Yeah, I understand you ride a winning team as long as you can, but I'm not on the Kansas train just yet. A win at Colorado would be a good start.

Good luck to you Devil...I hope you do well. :beerbang:

Comment

Originally posted by Underdog88 View Post
                          Great points Nathan
                          Thank you much Underdog...GL to ya. :thumbs:

Comment

wow....this is how bad these 2 teams are this year...i just now realized this game was this weekend...

MIA(fl)/FSU

how those 2 programs have fallen.......talk about a game that was a marquee game for 15 years and now has been relegated to the toilet.....couldn't have happened to 2 better programs as far as i am concerned.....
                            I am the M'bah a'Flyers Fan !

Comment

I think every bookie in the world would just grin at that statement:beer2:

Comment

I think Colorodo is a live homedog at +3.5 vs Kansas. They beat OU a couple of weeks ago and OU is a more well rounded team than Kansas.

Comment

Working...
                                X