No announcement yet.

Colts/Patriots line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Patriots offense gets a test this week because the Redskins defense is by the far the best defense they will have faced the first 8 games of the season.
    NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
    NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
    NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
    NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by Stifler's Mom View Post
      Good God....look at the people NEP has played!!

not gonna even check the stats of the competition.... :ohman: the lines are still inflated their way..... nep should be favored, thats my only point.... :beerbang:

Comment

Like I said, I thought maybe Pats by 1.5, but I would be very surprised if they give Indy a full FG at home, and I would be all over Indy in that situation (if nothing changes this Sunday), as they are just as potent on offense, and I think have a slightly better defence, IMO...please please give me the 3....lol.

I'm on Washington this week, so that would mean this renowned Patriot-lover would be fading them 2 in a row, lol!

Comment

Good God....look at the people NEP has played!!

A big fat who's who of the worst defenses (and worst teams) in the NFL!

Of course their PPG is going to be up, and they're gonna be huge faves every week.

While I will admit that they have proven to be extremely strong in covering those huge lines and scoring at will, I do not see them opening as a -3 pt fave at Indy. I just don't see it.

follow up:

nep went 12-7 ats last year(never more than 14pt favorite), with 24.1 ppg offense, & 14.8 ppg defense... this year they are 7-0 ats (3 lines over 14) with 39.9 ppg offense and 17.1 ppg defense.... why would they be a dog, against indy????? :beer2:

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
            That Patriots offense gets a test this week because the Redskins defense is by the far the best defense they will have faced the first 8 games of the season.
            By far????? what about the boyz???? is it because of statistics? and because they already played the pattys, and got spanked? after a tough mnf game, and a short week to prepare.... Because of that, they have a, "far" worse defense????:beer2:

If the skins can keep the pats under 30, then they cover, IMO:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by homedawg View Post
              By far????? what about the boyz???? is it because of statistics? and because they already played the pattys, and got spanked? after a tough mnf game, and a short week to prepare.... Because of that, they have a, "far" worse defense????:beer2:

If the skins can keep the pats under 30, then they cover, IMO:thumbs:
              Redskins have a better overall defense than the Cowboys. I have said that long before the Cowboys lost to NE.

Comment

Redskins have a better overall defense than the Cowboys. I have said that long before the Cowboys lost to NE.

I can see they have a slight advantage, in every defensive category.... but I was only questioning the "far" part...

now, if the skins can put up the points, like the boyz ... they have a good chance at winning the game on sunday... They need to stop the pass, and control the clock! :beer2:

Comment

"The linemakers simply don't know how to handicap New England yet, and the season is almost halfway over. Look for the spreads to remain high until some team comes along and busts things up, so that other teams can watch useful film. A team that runs well and eats up the clock, will probably be the one to stop the trend."

Comment

NE is going to murdelize Indy. 4.5 or 5. You won't see an opener of 14 that moves to 16.5. But it will be more than 3. If it is 3, I'll bet my Power Rangers and G I Joe on NE
                    If its fun, do it

Comment

Colts as a home dog.....not gonna happen IMHO....at least not to open.

It's gonna be a pick em if you ask me. I just see no possible way Indy can open as a home dog to anyone.
                      I respectfully TOTALLY disagree. The line will be NE, IMHO. If the Patriots open at Pick'em in any game the entire world is going to bet them.

Comment

What's so bad about Vinny anyway? His age? OK, he's immobile, but so is Manning, and he seems to get by.
                        Peyton Manning is not "immobile" at all, Stiff. He has a great pocket presence and slides his feet constantly. He slides within the pocket GREAT, and his feel for the game allows him to avoid many sacks (in combination with the system they have). To compare him to Testaverde with regard to mobility inside, or out of, the pocket is pretty ridiculous IMHO. Testeverde, like Bledsoe, are/were two statues back there.

Comment

Yea, but the Skins offense managed a paltry 162 yards total in the game against an Arizona team which is traditionally a trainwreck on the road (nevermind a cross country NFC East road game).... In fact, Washington hasn't played a good quarter of football in the past two weeks.

Not to mention, Gibbs is absolutely lost trying to manage a game since his return to the sidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                            Yea, but the Skins offense managed a paltry 162 yards total in the game against an Arizona team which is traditionally a trainwreck on the road (nevermind a cross country NFC East road game).... In fact, Washington hasn't played a good quarter of football in the past two weeks.

Not to mention, Gibbs is absolutely lost trying to manage a game since his return to the sidelines.
                            We played an awesome first half in GB last week. We werent that bad in the first half vs Arizona, we put up 14 points, moved the ball and played great defense.

The only thing the Skins do is suck in the second half when they have a lead.

Up 17-3 at half vs the Giants and lost.

Up 14-7 at half at GB and lost.

Up 21-6 vs Arizona and almost lost.

Not having a lead this week might actually be a good thing.

Comment

I watched every snap of the GB/WSH game and they did not play well in the 1H. That's just not true. Taylor dropped INT's, WR's dropped balls, they couldn't run. Cooley had like 90 yards in the half and was their only bright spot. Had they played well, the game would have been out of reach for the Packers to come back in. And then they played worse in the 2H with the WR dropfest and Santana Moss hurting his vagina.

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                                I watched every snap of the GB/WSH game and they did not play well in the 1H. That's just not true. Taylor dropped INT's, WR's dropped balls, they couldn't run. Cooley had like 90 yards in the half and was their only bright spot. Had they played well, the game would have been out of reach for the Packers to come back in. And then they played worse in the 2H with the WR dropfest and Santana Moss hurting his vagina.
                                That is what I am saying. We moved down field despite a few drops by WR's. We answered a GB td with a long scoring drive of our own and scored before the half to grab the lead.

I would say going on the road to 4-1 GB and leading by 7 at the half is a good half of football.

Any anyway, most of those drops were in the second half. Trust me, I watched the game 3 times.

Comment

Working...
                                X