Sean Taylor dies at age 24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Taylor dies at age 24

ST was shot in the groin this morning... severed artery... apparently fighting for his life

Sean Taylor of Redskins shot in S. Dade - 11/26/2007 - MiamiHerald.com

yea, not good. interested to see how and why? and what happened?

Comment

Apparently, it was inside his home. He was there with his child and girlfriend... Only thing I have heard is that someone broke into his house in an attempted robbery.

My prayers are with ST... I hope he pulls through, it sounds as if his life is in danger.

Comment

Just read the article and it's tragic! Let's hope this kid pulls thru this...
        White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Comment

Hearing that he is now in a coma

Comment

:bang: :bang:Senseless!

Comment

Sounds odd that there isn't a concrete explanation. If it was robbery you would think the girlfriend would have said so for sure by now and it would have been reported. Or am I thinking wrong? Either way I hope he is alright, forget about football, I just hope he makes it out being able to walk. Never want to see anyone in this sort of critical situation.

Comment

Originally posted by NittanyLions94 View Post
                Sounds odd that there isn't a concrete explanation. If it was robbery you would think the girlfriend would have said so for sure by now and it would have been reported. Or am I thinking wrong? Either way I hope he is alright, forget about football, I just hope he makes it out being able to walk. Never want to see anyone in this sort of critical situation.
                Apparently she has said something.... i heard this on the radio, so take it with a grain of salt.... ST and his girlfriend were asleep and they heard a noise... ST got out of bed to see what it was... someone opened the bedroom door (i think) and fired two shots.... one hit him, one missed.... the shooter then fled the scene.

Comment

Just heard this on the radio.... some good news finally, if it's true.

Apparently, ST's lawyer made a statement that ST emerged from surgery in better condition and will likely live.

Comment

Awful awful news for my favorite Redskin. Here's to hoping he makes it through and a speedy recovery.

Comment

From Profootballtalk.com

LAWYER EXPECTS TAYLOR TO SURVIVE by Michael David Smith

The Miami Herald is reporting that Richard Sharpstein, a lawyer and family friend of Redskins safety Sean Taylor, said Taylor emerged from surgery "in better shape" and is likely to survive after being shot in his home early this morning.

The Herald also reports that this is the third time in a little over a week that Taylor's home has been the target of an attempted burglary. Per the report, Taylor's next-door neighbor says that someone tried to break into Taylor's home last weekend and again earlier this weekend.

It's not clear whether Taylor knows who was trying to break into his home or why, but Sharpstein said, "There were a number of people who were jealous of Sean's success."

Comment

This has been a rough day. Really makes the games that these guys play mean nothing. I am praying for Sean because he has turned his life around and it one of the best players in football and I think the best Washington Redskins player.
                        NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                        NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                        NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                        NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Originally posted by GamblinMan03 View Post
                          This has been a rough day. Really makes the games that these guys play mean nothing. I am praying for Sean because he has turned his life around and it one of the best players in football and I think the best Washington Redskins player.
                          Yes ST has turned his life around... of course no one really knows this, outside of DC locals, because the media never reports the good, just the bad.... very sad and I pray he pulls through ok... screw football, i just hope he can live a normal life.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                            Yes ST has turned his life around... of course no one really knows this, outside of DC locals, because the media never reports the good, just the bad.... very sad and I pray he pulls through ok... screw football, i just hope he can live a normal life.
                            Hopefully he can survive this because I would feel for the 18-month year old daughter. It would be terrible she was unable to grow up with her dad.

Pull through Sean, were praying for you.
                            NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
                            NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
                            NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
                            NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

profootballtalk sucks

bad news

TAYLOR MAY HAVE SUFFERED BRAIN DAMAGE by Michael David Smith

The latest details in the Sean Taylor story provide grim news.

The Miami Herald has edited its story, removing a portion in which it was reported that Taylor's attorney, Richard Sharpstein, said Taylor emerged from surgery in better shape. That portion of the story has now been replaced by a paragraph saying that Sharpstein said Taylor "had lost a lot of blood and remained unconscious, possibly jeopardizing his brain."

The Herald has also removed a portion of the story in which Sharpstein said Taylor will likely live.

Per the Herald, paramedics arrived at Taylor's home following a 911 call at approximately 1:45 a.m. today and found him suffering from a gunshot wound to the groin.

Comment

Working...
                              X