Sean Taylor dies at age 24

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAYLOR "CLINGING TO LIFE" by Michael David Smith

Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post reports that Sean Taylor's lawyer describes the Redskins safety as "clinging to life" after losing massive amounts of blood when he was shot early this morning.

Per the report, attorney Richard Sharpstein, speaking from Miami's Jackson Memorial Hospital, said Taylor is "nonresponsive and unconscious" and the doctors are "worried about a possible brain injury or death."

Sharpstein described Taylor's family and doctors as worrying that Taylor may have lost oxygen to the brain as a result of blood loss from being shot in the femoral artery in the thigh.

"They're waiting to see if he comes to," Sharpstein said. "Right now he's clinging to life and we're all praying he makes it."

Comment

Posted at 3:12 PM ET, 11/26/2007
      Sean Taylor "Clinging To Life"

Richard Sparpstein, who has represented Sean Taylor in legal matters in the past and is a friend of the family, said moments ago that the player's life is hanging in the balance in the hospital. Sharpstein, speaking from the hospital, said Taylor is "nonresponsive and unconscious" and the doctors are "worried about a possible brain injury or death."

Sharpstein, who has been with Taylor's family at the hospital much of the day, said that there are major worries that Taylor may have lost oxygen to the brain, and that no other procedures are planned for right now. "They're waiting to see if he comes to," Sharpstein said. He was shot in the groin/thigh area near the femoral artery and lost copious amounts of blood. He was airlifted to the trauma center and endured several hours of surgery, Sharpstein said.

Taylor is in intensive care, Sharpstein said, and his girlfriend and child were not injured in the attack. Sharpstein said Taylor was sleeping when he heard a noise in the living room. The intruders were at his bedroom and Taylor reached for a machete or other form of knife he keeps nearby in case of emergency, and two shots were fired, with one striking his leg.

"Right now he's clinging to life and we're all praying he makes it," Sharpstein said.

That is from JLC's blog....Not looking very good
      NCAAF: 50-39-5 (+6.35 units)
      NFL: 36-35-6 (-2.00 units)
      NHL: 4-8-0 (-2.80 units)
      NCAAB: 7-4 (+1.75 units)

Comment

Rotoworld is reporting the same on the possible brain damage issue via the lawyer's comments. Might be just better to let the situation play out. I know these reporters are just trying to do their jobs but it would be nice if they left the family and friends alone and didn't speculate on the life and death situation of a person when they know little to know facts about anything.

Hope he comes around, very sad to hear about stories of this nature.

Comment

Absolutely horrible.

Our prayers are with him and his family.

Comment

I still think that there is more to the story than just a robbery. This is just pure speculation on my part but the guy that entered the house had more on his mind than stealing some jewelery. He left with nothing(as far as I've read) and went to an occupied bedroom. Either way I wish the best for Sean and his family.

Comment

just heard ST has woke up from his coma and is responding to commands

finally some good news

Comment

Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has emerged from a coma and is responsive to doctor's orders, FOXSports.com has learned.

Taylor recently awoke in a Miami hospital and gripped a doctor's hand when asked, a source said. Medical officials were uncertain whether Taylor would initially survive after suffering major blood loss when shot early this morning in his South Florida home.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                  Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor has emerged from a coma and is responsive to doctor's orders, FOXSports.com has learned.

Taylor recently awoke in a Miami hospital and gripped a doctor's hand when asked, a source said. Medical officials were uncertain whether Taylor would initially survive after suffering major blood loss when shot early this morning in his South Florida home.

Great News :thumbs:

Comment

unbelievable

Sean Taylor has died

RIP

not ashamed to admit i am fighting back tears

Comment

Shawn taylor dies at age 24

here is article off espn

ESPN - Redskins' Taylor dies from gunshot wound - NFL

Comment

Rip

Comment

BTW it is SEAN

Comment

R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinsfan View Post
                              BTW it is SEAN

ya i know little tired was surfing espn and ran over the article, i cant fix it though mod will have too...

Comment

So incredibly sad and unfortunate!
                                White crushed Americans need weird energy - Robert Pollard

Comment

Working...
                                X