Beyond's 2007 Soccer Picks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond's 2007 Soccer Picks

Was linked over to try posting my Picks here so I'll see how we go.

Turkish Premier Division

10 * Kayserispor v Rizespor - Kayerserispor to win @ $1.57

Looking at past form of these two teams its easy to say why the odds are as they are and why I'm going to play it. Kayserispor last 4 home games have resulted in 2 wins and 2 draws. The draws have come against higher quality opposition than Rizespor. Rizespor has been terrible away from home this season and it shows with their record - their last 4 games away have resulted in 4 losses. All season they have only been able to get away with 1 win and 1 draw away from home with all the rest being losses. Furthermore the head to head record between these two teams is 2W-1D-2L - But when they play at Kayserispor the record is 2W-0D-0L - in favour of Kayserispor. Kayserispor should get the job done today as they seek to secure European qualifcation.
    Soccer 2011 Picks - YTD: 67-0-45 Profit: £267.10

GL BTG -- I'll tail ya for a unit!
    If a guy doesn't have any gamble in him, he ain't worth a crap - Evel Knievel
    What's done in the dark will be brought to the light -Johnny Cash

Comment

Germany Regionalliga Nord

5 * Fortuna Dusseldorf v Dynamo Dresden - Fortuna Dusseldorf to win @ $1.83

Dusseldorf are at home and they are hard to back against. Dresden away from home in their last 4 games have come back with 4 losses. Dusseldorf have gone with 3 wins and 1 draw at home. The draw came back in November. Dusseldorf are the better team overall and they should beat Dresden here who seem to have found themselves in a bad position at the moment.

Comment

So So Day Today.

Kayserispor won 1-0 WIN!
        Dusseldorf drew 1-1

YTD: 1-1
        Profit: +0.7 Units

French Championnats Ligue 1

5 * St Etienne v Lyon - Lyon to win (Draw No Bet) @ $1.73

Lyon is my favourite french team, they are clearl the best french team this season as well which is shown by their impressive european showing as well as domestically. St Etienne has lost 3 out of their last 4 home games against rather dissapointing opposition. Lyon arent the greatest team on the road but they do seem to get some big wins - the one against Lille a few weeks back comes to mind. Lyon should win this or it will be a draw.
        Last edited by BeyondTheGame; 03-03-2007, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the Turkish tail BTG! Sweet start to the day....

Comment

No worries mate - I'm going to post up a quick play here.

English Premiership

10 * Portsmouth v Chelsea - Chelsea to win @ $1.55

Chelsea are coming off winning a trophy - The Carling Cup and winning any trophy always gets a team looking good on the pitch the first game off one. John Terry is out again for Chelsea the biggest exclusion along with Joe Cole. Portsmouth have some injury worries of their own with Mendes out Davis, Lauren and a few others. Furthermore in Portsmouth's last 7 games they have only been able to win 1 game (All Competitions). Last time these two played during the Season Chelsea pulled away from a 2-1 win at home. However much has changed over this once great Portsmouth team they have lost the will and desire they showed in the opening months of the season.

Comment

I'm lazy with writeups. I am making a few over plays this afternoon.

Holland Eredivisie
              Groningen/NAC Breda Over 2½ -135
              PSV Eindhoven/RKC Waalwijk Over 3 -120

Also playing tomorrow's Ajax match, Over 3 -130

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondTheGame View Post

English Premiership

Chelsea are coming off winning a trophy - The Carling Cup and winning any trophy always gets a team looking good on the pitch the first game off one. John Terry is out again for Chelsea the biggest exclusion along with Joe Cole. Portsmouth have some injury worries of their own with Mendes out Davis, Lauren and a few others. Furthermore in Portsmouth's last 7 games they have only been able to win 1 game (All Competitions). Last time these two played during the Season Chelsea pulled away from a 2-1 win at home. However much has changed over this once great Portsmouth team they have lost the will and desire they showed in the opening months of the season.
                Great pick BTG! Congrats on another win.

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondTheGame View Post

English Premiership

Originally posted by NevadaJay View Post
                  I'm lazy with writeups. I am making a few over plays this afternoon.

Holland Eredivisie
                  Groningen/NAC Breda Over 2½ -135
                  PSV Eindhoven/RKC Waalwijk Over 3 -120

Groningen 3-1 WIN
                  PSV 2-0 LOSS (they scored 2 goals in the first 19 min, then nada!!!)

Comment

Bad luck on the PSV game - one thing I always hate when playing overs is when it is set to 3 - I really only play the 2.5 totals. The only other time I've thought of playing the over 3 was in the Danish leagues. Where they score a heap of goals.

I had a rather good day with those last 2 picks.

Chelsea won 0-2 WIN!
                    Lyon won 1-3 WIN!

YTD (3-1)
                    Profit: +9.85 Units (should I be including my horrible UC Record here)

Comment

English Championship

5 * Birmingham City v Cardiff City - Total Goal Score - Under 2.5 Goals.

I would personally consider Birmingham to be an under team espically at home they usually dont score more than a goal. Also they usually only conceed a goal as well. Cardiff in their last 4 away games have gone under the 2.5 mark twice, they are comming off the back of a very strong win at home against Preston. But I dont see this team scoring many goals today.

Comment

Italian Serie A

5 * Lazio v Sampdoria - Lazio to win @ $1.80

This is a good matchup for Lazio who have been in excellent form as they have been able to kick start a 3 game winning streak and havent been beaten this year in Serie A play. Their last 4 home games have resulted in 2 wins and 2 draws. The draws came against AC Milan and Siena. Sampdoria havent been too great recently away from home. In their last 4 they have returned back with 3 away losses and 1 win. The win came against struggling Parma. Lazio holds a pretty good record against Sampdoria with 4W-2D-1L. Lazio look good for the win today.

Comment

Dutch Eredivisie

5 * Feyenoord v Roda JC - Feyenoord to win @ $1.60

I like this matchup quite a bit Feyenoord have been strong at home recently with 3 wins and 1 draw in their last 4 at home. The draw came against top side PSV. Roda in their last 4 away from home have come back with 3 draws and 1 loss. They were lucky to get the draw from AZ last year but havent faced a real challange as of yet away from home this year. Feyenoord also has an excellent head to head record against Roda of 9W-2D-0L when playing at home. I think that Feyenoords goal scoring power will be their biggest asset in this game - watch for Roda to be on the backfoot early on.

Comment

Originally posted by NevadaJay View Post

Ajax 0-1 LOSS (wtf? No. 3 in the league againts #8 and you can't score at home???)

Comment

Birmingham won 1-0 - Under 2.5 WIN!
                              Lazio won 1-0 WIN!
                              Feyenoord drew 1-1

YTD (5-2)
                              Profit: +12.6 Units

Finland - Liigacup

5 * FC Viiking v FC Lahti - Total Goal Score Over 2.5 @ $1.72

Last season I found out that the Finnish leagues arent a bad way to make money on the Total Goal Score plays - actually last week I made a simular play on another Viiking game in which the total went way over the 2.5 mark. I think this game will go over this mark pretty easily. Viking last season averaged 3.25 goals per a game when playing @ home. (although they were in the lower division) - Lahti usually score 2 or 1 goals when playing away I expect Viiking to come out scoring a heap of goals today and Lahti likewise.

Italian Serie B

10 * Mantova v Triestina - Mantova to win @ $1.55

Back to a league that most everyday soccer fans would know now. If you follow the Serie B you would have a fair idea why I'm playing this game. Basically Mantova have been unstoppable at home this season winning their last 4 at home and even against some big named teams namely Juventus. Triestina have lost their last 3 games home and away. When playing away they have drawn 2 and lost 2. But I think Mantova will be too good for them today as they look to bounce back after a horrible road game.

Comment

Working...
                              X