Early - Hatton vs Mayweather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early - Hatton vs Mayweather

I know its early, but just want to see if anyone is up for some talk on it.

WSEX has it as
    FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR -260
    RICKY HATTON +200

I will be on Hatton, probably about a good 5 units on this one.
    Personally, I wouldnt take Mayweather at a pick em, nor as an underdog.

For those that like Mayweather, I am really interested in why. The reason I am asking is because I may be blindly dumping money on Hatton, I need some light shed on the other side.

there's only ONE Ricky Hatton :beerbang: :beerbang: :thumbs:

Comment

not sure id have the balls to go against "Money Mayweather"
      ****all plays 4.4 units to win 4 units unless otherwise noted****

NBA 20-22 -16.8 units
      NHL 1-0 +4.0 units
      MLB 0-1 -4.8 units
      CFB 12-6-1 +21.6 units

Comment

To say you wouldn't take Mayweather at a pick or dog is a bit of an exaggeration, no? Hatton needs to knock him out cause he ain't winning a decision in Las Vegas against Mayweather.

Comment

Not exaggerating at all. I just truely believe that Hatton is comming out the winner in this one, so the odds are nullified to me.

Comment

Mayweather at least knocks him out.

No way Floyd loses a decision to some cat like that.

Can't wait for 24/7.
            “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

Without looking at his padded to perfection record, I think the last person Mayducker KO'd was N'Dou

24/7 is going to be good...

I think the only way he can win is by KO, which won't happen. No gift decisions for Mayducker on this one. UDWF system at its finest :thumbs:

Comment

as much as i cant stand pretty boy i dont see him losing to hatton..........to win hatton will have to knock him out,, he wont be out pointing mayweather,too much speed and too much skill here for ricky.. oscar couldnt do it what makes anyone think hatton will???hey no doubt i will be pulling for ricky but he is way out of his league in this one......no betting for me anytime soon:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
                  Without looking at his padded to perfection record, I think the last person Mayducker KO'd was N'Dou

24/7 is going to be good...

I think the only way he can win is by KO, which won't happen. No gift decisions for Mayducker on this one. UDWF system at its finest :thumbs:
                  That system of yours V3 has been money, cant argue with that one! But 5 units? That sounds like a page out of my money magangement book?? If you got him for that much, Ill be pulling for you, but I wouldnt have the balls for that one. GOOD LUCK:thumbs:

Comment

Mayfeather's speed is in spurts, Hatton puts pressure all 3 minutes.
                    Sure he will have his moments where the commentators as well as the crowd will be amazed, but that pot shot BS wont last long. Hatton grabs as well, which will drive Floyd crazy and will cause him to rabbit punch. Mayweahter against the ropes can be slick against head hunters, but against a body punches like Hatton it wont do him any good (refer to Mayweather - Castillo).

That is why I am asking people here, I really don't see anything that favors Mayweather or than his is spurts of speed. Other than that Hatton is going to run the show. UK fans will be chanting and yelling the whole time, which will put pressure on the judges. In my opinion Floyd is the one who has to win 8-9 rounds to get the nod.

5 U's sounds good :)

Oh, and if anyone starts trippin over the whole UDWF thing, Im not W so don't worry...

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
                      as much as i cant stand pretty boy i dont see him losing to hatton..........to win hatton will have to knock him out,, he wont be out pointing mayweather,too much speed and too much skill here for ricky.. oscar couldnt do it what makes anyone think hatton will???
                      I totally agree, EP.

I think your affection for Hatton is blinding your handicapping in this one, V3. Again, to make a statement like "I wouldn't take Mayweather at a dog" pretty much echoes that sentiment I think. Speed is speed, he's flat out quicker on every level. It's going to be a lot harder for Ricky "Clutch and Grab" Hatton to do what he likes to do do Pretty Boy Floyd, IMHO.

I just hope it's not a snoozefest, which I can see it becoming since Floyd will dance around and Hatton will chase and clutch all night when he gets close (and Floyd will complain, and blah blah blah).

:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
                        In my opinion Floyd is the one who has to win 8-9 rounds to get the nod.
                        How can you think that when the fight is where it is? It might as well be in his living room. And no one in boxing wants Hatton to be the champ over Mayweather. Wouldn't bocing want a collision course of Mayweather vs Cotto???

Comment

Vegas has helped Mayweather once, and that was his first fight with Castillo.
                          Manchester has never helped Hatton, he would have demolished Tsyzu anywhere.

If anything, Hatton beating Mayweather would be better for boxing as well as Vegas (tourism). Mayweather vs Cotto with 1 loss on Mayweather would still be a huge draw. Cotto is selling the seats. Hatton is selling the seats. Osacr sold the seats. Mayweather doesn't put people in seats, his opponents do.

Comment

Watching the new 24/7 and I think Mayweather is going to obliterate this guy.
                            “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerAndy View Post
                              Watching the new 24/7 and I think Mayweather is going to obliterate this guy.
                              Ha, I was thinking the exact opposite.

There are 2 things that beat speed. A good jab or shots to the body. Floyd better keep his distance and fight on the outside.

Comment

Working...
                              X