Early - Hatton vs Mayweather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
    Vegas has helped Mayweather once, and that was his first fight with Castillo.
    Manchester has never helped Hatton, he would have demolished Tsyzu anywhere.

If anything, Hatton beating Mayweather would be better for boxing as well as Vegas (tourism). Mayweather vs Cotto with 1 loss on Mayweather would still be a huge draw. Cotto is selling the seats. Hatton is selling the seats. Osacr sold the seats. Mayweather doesn't put people in seats, his opponents do.
    V3 lets be serious for a minute here ok:sm: ? hatton beat Tszyu ,what do you think mayweather would do to Tszyu at this point in his career?.. it would be the same result.. the fact is hatton beat up a tired Tszyu......... Tszyu in his prime would have given ricky all he wanted, we both know that........ hatton the hugger is going to be given a pure boxing lesson by the cocky mayweather.......the ref will play a big part in this fight as well,, will the ref allow the holding??? if he takes points for holding that alone will keep ricky from winning....hey anything is possible, a lucky shot to the back or top of the head might happen........i just wouldnt bet on it happening, hatton is not even close to the skill level of mayweather and he never will be...... an undeafeated mayweather vs cotto would be a huge draw........i would like to see that myself but cotto vs hatton???

Comment

hey V3 dont let me sway you one way or the other... u pick them way better than me buddy:thumbs: just giving my opinion.... the low line does concern me a bit, i think it should be much higher......... i would love to see hatton upset mayweather, just dont think it will happen........

Comment

Yes, points well made. I can agree with that. Yet, Mayweather in my opinion has never faced anyone in their peak, they have all been done and over with at that point. This will be the first time that Mayweather has fought anyone in their prime.

(In My Opinion Of Course)...
        Mayweahter's Top 3 Most Notable Wins
        DLH (Close Split)
        Zab Judah (UD)
        Victoriano Sosa (UD)

Hatton's Top 3 Most Notable Wins
        Tsyzu (KO 11)
        Castillo (KO 4)
        Michael Stewart (KO 5)

I have yet to find 1 unbiased boxing fan who agrees with Hatton over Mayweather, but its alright...if Mayweather beats him, I'm eating crow.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
          V3 lets be serious for a minute here ok:sm: ? hatton beat Tszyu ,what do you think mayweather would do to Tszyu at this point in his career?.. it would be the same result.. the fact is hatton beat up a tired Tszyu......... Tszyu in his prime would have given ricky all he wanted, we both know that........ hatton the hugger is going to be given a pure boxing lesson by the cocky mayweather.......the ref will play a big part in this fight as well,, will the ref allow the holding??? if he takes points for holding that alone will keep ricky from winning....hey anything is possible, a lucky shot to the back or top of the head might happen........i just wouldnt bet on it happening, hatton is not even close to the skill level of mayweather and he never will be...... an undeafeated mayweather vs cotto would be a huge draw........i would like to see that myself but cotto vs hatton???
          i can't believe i'm going to say this, but i agree with every word you just said. ha.

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
            i can't believe i'm going to say this, but i agree with every word you just said. ha.

Comment

nice hit!:beer2:

Comment

looking to get airfare rates to vegas atm , i got hatton at +185

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                  :laughing: hey what do you mean??? lol you know Cuse we were bound to agree on something:thumbs: in a way i hope i eat crow,i would love to see hatton starch pretty boy. just dont see it happening............ what i would like to do right now would be watch marvin hagler vs john(the beast) mugabi or how bout big george foreman vs ron lyle??? hearns vs hagler:beerbang: what ever happened to fighters and fights like that???can you imagine if mugabi had any sort of defense the damage he would have done in the middle weight div........ ? that was one of the only times i seen marvin really hurt,man the beast could bang........ still my favorite all time fighter will always be Barry McGuigan aka The Clones Cyclone, in my opinion they dont make fighters like him anymore!!! guy in one three year span fought 19 times, these guys today could never do it, and thats a fact:sm:

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
                    I know its early, but just want to see if anyone is up for some talk on it.

WSEX has it as
                    FLOYD MAYWEATHER JR -260
                    RICKY HATTON +200

I will be on Hatton, probably about a good 5 units on this one.
                    Personally, I wouldnt take Mayweather at a pick em, nor as an underdog.

For those that like Mayweather, I am really interested in why. The reason I am asking is because I may be blindly dumping money on Hatton, I need some light shed on the other side.
                    i bet ya 50 Cent puts a million on his boy again:thumbs: wonder if he has a new song to sing for this event.

Comment

He will probably come out to 50. I hope everyone in the world puts a million on Floyd, so there...we agree on that! Haha...

Hatton will come out to Blue Moon and the stadium is going to shake when it happens.
                      The chants are going to be so loud Floyd wont be able to hear his own breathing.

Comment

I was kinda on the fence with this fight... its hard to bet against someone like Floyd because his defense and speed is so great. After watchign 24/7 I have this gut feeling that Hatton wins... (maybe verified has this same "feel").

Hatton's ability to make power at several angles and work the body is one thing that coudl really open up Mayweather and get him off his game. The value is with Hatton, and I will be on him.

Comment

Have to admit after watching the 2nd episode of 24/7 I would definitely consider putting money on Ricky. I've learned the hard way before though not to bet against Mayweather. I thought it was interesting that Floyd brought in Baldomir as a sparring partner. Great move on his part. One thing 24/7 is doing that I thought it never would is that it's making me want to take out my wallet yet again and buy this overly-priced fight. I can't stand watching these choppy online links of these live fights and if I go to a bar and watch it I'll end up spending way too much money on beer and liquor! And how funny was Ricky mimicking Floyd's work with the pads with his uncle? That was absolutely hilarious. Day is coming soon!
                          “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

lol the mimicking was the best. The only money I'll be spending is on Mr. Fatton :beerbang:

Comment

Ahh...yes...sway towards the light :thumbs:

Comment

dont buy into this 24/7 crap guys... they put this crap on tv for one reason thats to **** everyone up!!!!!!! if i could stick to my own rules id be rich,but being pigheaded is my nature i guess...... do this some weekend, pick up the sunday paper before the games start(nfl) there you will find atleast one game and one team they are begging you to bet........... most of this **** is all controled like monday night final 3 -0 its so obvious its pathetic.... who controls vegas??? come on guys who controls vegas??? exactly we all know who it is,i do value my life so i wont come out and say who or should i say what org..but i will bet my first born-there is a ****en money trail from here to china and back......... yeah i was born at night but it wasnt last night:thumbs: my pick is still the mouth... 24-7 my ass,let them keep showing ricky joking around,calm,confident, the press is all controled as well, ease you into the doggy style position,and let you have it before you know what hit you:beerbang: i say pretty boy gives the boy a lesson for 12 rounds,i wont be putting my money where my mouth is,because i have nothing in the form of income right now(slight bump in the road i hope) trust me i will be pulling for you guys that are on ricky i hope he knocks his ****en teeth out:thumbs: another hope of mine is to hit the lottery.........i wont however be paying 50 bucks to see these two clowns because i dont have the funds, but i will be watching.......:beer2:

Comment

Working...
                                X