Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RICKY HATTON IS IN TALKS WITH GBP ABOUT FIGHTING OSCAR
    By Matt Goldstein

Just Days away from the Biggest Fight of Ricky’s Career, Team Hatton is Talking about Fighting Oscar De La Hoya

According to the BBC, Team Hatton has been in discussions with Golden Boy Promotions about a potential showdown with Oscar De La Hoya. The fight could take place in Wembley Stadium next year in front of an expected 80,000. Although the biggest fight of Ricky Hatton’s career is just days away, Hatton’s lawyer Gareth Williams said that "The chances are very strong" that Ricky will fight Oscar. "We have strong links with Oscar de la Hoya and Golden Boy Promotions and we've had discussions with them." "It would be the perfect venue and we could look at selling in excess of 80,000 tickets," he said. The BBC report has also said that Oscar has been a regular at Hatton’s gym (UFC Headquarters) in the lead up to the fight. Oscar also told the BBC Sport that he wanted to fight Ricky Hatton in September. (1:35pm est) Source: BBC Sport

__________________________________________________ _____________________

If you still don't see that this is a complete work, you are as blind as a Nevada ring side judge.

Comment

Originally posted by V3r1f13d View Post
      Oh, the UDWF system? Haha, I dont really know what its at for me. I think it's 4-0 with action, and 6-0 since I've noticed. These aren't ridiculous chalk lines either, I am talking from -200 to +200, anything else would be obvious, but UDWF system in that range is still flawless.

Well, here it is....
      __________________________________________________ _________________
      Cortez to ref Floyd-Ricky!
      "Fair but Firm" Joe Cortez will be the third man in the ring when WBC welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather defends against IBO light welter king Ricky Hatton on Saturday in Las Vegas. Judges will be Paul Smith, Dave Moretti and Burt Clements. All are Nevada officials.
      Tuesday, December 4 2007
      __________________________________________________ _________________

So we got 3 Nevada judges in there. Something is up. For Hattons camp to agree to something like that is great news for me. Las Vegas wants Hatton to win this one.
      cortez means no hugging for the hugger,looks like they be dancin to rap:thumbs:

Comment

RICKY HATTON IS IN TALKS WITH GBP ABOUT FIGHTING OSCAR
        By Matt Goldstein

Just Days away from the Biggest Fight of Ricky’s Career, Team Hatton is Talking about Fighting Oscar De La Hoya

According to the BBC, Team Hatton has been in discussions with Golden Boy Promotions about a potential showdown with Oscar De La Hoya. The fight could take place in Wembley Stadium next year in front of an expected 80,000. Although the biggest fight of Ricky Hatton’s career is just days away, Hatton’s lawyer Gareth Williams said that "The chances are very strong" that Ricky will fight Oscar. "We have strong links with Oscar de la Hoya and Golden Boy Promotions and we've had discussions with them." "It would be the perfect venue and we could look at selling in excess of 80,000 tickets," he said. The BBC report has also said that Oscar has been a regular at Hatton’s gym (UFC Headquarters) in the lead up to the fight. Oscar also told the BBC Sport that he wanted to fight Ricky Hatton in September. (1:35pm est) Source: BBC Sport

__________________________________________________ _____________________

If you still don't see that this is a complete work, you are as blind as a Nevada ring side judge.
        oscar will beat him too:thumbs:

Comment

Un Defeated White Fighter
          udwf:beerbang: ha ha leave it to you to come up with that one V3........ just so you know i will be pulling for the hugger,i hope you guys hit . i wont be betting anytime soon...i need to find a job:thumbs: with ebay sales looking good i might have a little bit to bet the bowls,usually do well with the bowl games......

Comment

Originally posted by yukoncornelius View Post
            After watching episode 3 of 24/7 tonight... I'm on Hatton no doubt about it. He seems so much more focused than PBF. Floyd has like 10 kids during his training session, what a fuggin joke. Hatton training at UFC (speaking of which, I'll definitely be on the main event of ultimate fighter finale saturday night) training center, how does he lose? hahaha

Verified, what was the white boxer system you developed earlier in the year? lol

There are so many props for this fight also, might bite on the points handicap. By the way, I want that "fattys gonna get ya" shirt so bad hahah.
            you keep watching that ****, dont say i didnt warn you....... dont let the media steer you,anyways im saving up for brian stanns next fight, have an inside track on that one:thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by EddieP View Post
              oscar will beat him too:thumbs:
              Ha, that's not my concern right now. The fact that Hatton and Oscar are looking forward to it is great news. This fight is promoted by Golden Boy, who runs its. Co Promoted with Mayweather Promotions which is too fresh to have any pull.

DLH is going to make bank fighitng a UDWF, rather than a one loss Hatton. He's not dumb.

Mayweather winning this fight would be a huge blow to boxing.

Comment

cortez means no hugging for the hugger,looks like they be dancin to rap:thumbs:
                Too bad Cortez is on DLH's payroll. He won't be saying anything except telling Floyd to stop complaining, and then warn him for his rabbit punches once he gets frustrated.

Comment

Too bad Cortez is on DLH's payroll. He won't be saying anything except telling Floyd to stop complaining, and then warn him for his rabbit punches once he gets frustrated.
                  cortez dont like hugging, come on your holding in there ricky,, now punch out:beerbang:

Comment

you keep watching that ****, dont say i didnt warn you....... dont let the media steer you,anyways im saving up for brian stanns next fight, have an inside track on that one:thumbs:
                    I was on Hatton before I watched any of the eps.... it reinforced it for me though. Fatton ftw

Comment

Oh I love reading this stuff:

Floyd: "I think I liked this sport better when I was fighting for free, because when you're young and don't have concerns you're not worried about nothing. I mean you just never know what can happen in the sport of boxing. A lot of times you worry about certain things, like if I die in the ring, you worry about what's going to happen with your kids, with your family. So when I didn't have nothing to live for, when I didn't have no kids to live for (he has four), I really wasn't worried about nothing. I'm just going out there to fight, and if I die, so be it. And now that I'm a lot older and a lot wiser, it's more like I've got something to live for. And I've got some people, people in my household who love me. So I mean that worries me a lot because I feel like my job is just like a cop's -- one shot can end your whole career. So that's why I'm real smart, real conscious about certain moves that I make inside the ring."

Ricky: ""He'll have to kill me and stop me breathing to stop me from beating him."

I'm still leaning toward Mayweather, but Ricky is doing a damn good job swaying my opinion on this one.
                      “So back during college basketball season my buddy Shecky tells me he’s got this system. He says it’s an absolute lock when you have this combination: Big East team, on the road, given less than 6 points with a white point guard.” ---Artie Lange in Beer League

Comment

An expected 16,000 Brits showing up? The place is going to shake.

Comment

I know a guy from the UK who will be there (press credentials), he told me that 15,000 are confirmed, and I believe another 5000 will be there. The crowd will be deafening with hatton chants..

Comment

Originally posted by yukoncornelius View Post
                            I know a guy from the UK who will be there (press credentials), he told me that 15,000 are confirmed, and I believe another 5000 will be there. The crowd will be deafening with hatton chants..
                            What? That's ridiculous. It only seats 16,800 people at capacity (though I'm sure they can squeeze more in for boxing) so I HIGHLY doubt 15K of them are going to be yellow toothed Brits. Nevermind your 20K guess. They aren't fighting at Wembley Stadium for crying out loud.

From the MGM website: The MGM Grand Garden Arena is home to concerts, championship boxing and premier sporting and special events. The Arena offers comfortable seating for as many as 16,800 people with excellent sightlines and state-of-the-art acoustics, lighting and sound. Prominent events to date have included world championship fights between Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson as well as Oscar De La Hoya vs. Bernard Hopkins; and concerts by The Rolling Stones, U2, Madonna, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, Jimmy Buffett and the Barbra Streisand Millennium Concert. The MGM Grand Garden Arena is also home to the annual FOX Billboard Music Award and the annual Andre Agassi Grand Slam for Children Benefit.
                            Last edited by CuseFan10; 12-05-2007, 11:30 PM.

Comment

I meant IN VEGAS (events leading up to the fight, but also including the fight). 3900 tickets were alotted to the UK fans... However 15,000 have booked flights and hotels. I'm not a bull****ter, I think you just misunderstood me.

Ricky Hatton vows to defeat Floyd Mayweather Jnr - Times Online

Comment

Originally posted by CuseFan10 View Post
                                What? That's ridiculous. It only seats 16,800 people at capacity (though I'm sure they can squeeze more in for boxing) so I HIGHLY doubt 15K of them are going to be yellow toothed Brits. Nevermind your 20K guess. They aren't fighting at Wembley Stadium for crying out loud.

From the MGM website: The MGM Grand Garden Arena is home to concerts, championship boxing and premier sporting and special events. The Arena offers comfortable seating for as many as 16,800 people with excellent sightlines and state-of-the-art acoustics, lighting and sound. Prominent events to date have included world championship fights between Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson as well as Oscar De La Hoya vs. Bernard Hopkins; and concerts by The Rolling Stones, U2, Madonna, Elton John, Bruce Springsteen, Paul McCartney, Jimmy Buffett and the Barbra Streisand Millennium Concert. The MGM Grand Garden Arena is also home to the annual FOX Billboard Music Award and the annual Andre Agassi Grand Slam for Children Benefit.
                                yellow toothed brits:laughing:

Comment

Working...
                                X