xHeroOfTheDayx WC 2010 --- Road To Big $$$

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by threats77 View Post
    i just dont understand what people like about ghana,they havent scored a goal yet(just 2 penalty kicks)..i mean even looking back at there qualification stage,they werent impressive at all,very weak teams and they havent scored more than 1 goal since nov 09..about 10-12 matches and again the competition they've faced over all has been very weak

as for the USA..this team is much different than years past,they played well against algeria and should have never came down to goal in stoppage time,they had plenty of chances to put the ball in the net,im not saying its a easy win for USA,but only way i see ghanna winning is if its a draw and it goes into a shootout

i mean there are more negatives about ghana than USA for sure,BOL to whatever everyone does
    Appreciate you're input! :beerbang:

If you dissect the USA's each individual effort, it's clear their top place in the group is not as glorious as everyone makes it out to be.

USA:
    -They never came close to scoring against England. (and ironically got a goal lmao)

-They were practically dominated in the 1H against Slovenia. That put Slovenia in a position they are never in. Up 2 goals at HT, they tried to employ a tactic they weren't familiar in using. To the USA's credit, they took advantage of this, and capitalized. (Actually should of won)

-They dominated the game vs. Algeria, who is not a formidable opponent. Despite only letting in 2 goals in their entire campaign, it's a bit odd that they let THAT many in. They basically play 5 mid/5 def hoping to clog the **** out of the pitch. But as you seen in the USA/Algeria game, the game was WIDE open, because Algeria's backs were against the wall. If this was the 1st, or 2nd game.. the USA would of drew once again, and wouldn't of came close to the chances they received in that game.

Ghana actually plays elite defense while still attacking. Which is a bad combination for the USA. Before Algeria, the USA haden't pitched a clean sheet in 13 matches - that is ridiculous.

The USA is used to giving up 2+ goals to the likes of Honduras, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Trinidad & Tobago, and practically any other team coherent enough to kick a ball.

I admit, the US style is very exciting. But it's a recipe for disaster in huge games like this. Ghana will have a massive home field advantage. Ghana is the only African team in the tournament not disappointing. They now represent the entire continent, and will have all the locals on their side as well.

Ghana has scored 2 goals the entire tournament. Unluckily for them, they were matched up against 3 of the stingiest defenses in the WORLD. I can assure you, they will have noooo problem finding space against a US team that has no chemistry with their back 4.

My bet most likely will be on Ghana to advance. As it is near impossible to win in ET, or PK's when the entire stadium is against you.

--- I just don't want the US to get embarrassed. If they fall 2-0 at HT, that's all she wrote. The USA's run thus far has not been impressive in my eyes, but it is huge for the game over here. For the first time, I see people here taking interest in a sport that they should of a longgg time ago. This is great for the game, and a US embarrassment would most likely derail that. So most of all, I hope for a good game... but advancing past Ghana isn't going to happen IMO.

I think Ghana take this in 90 minutes comfortably, but I will be playing them to advance since the price will be fantastic.
    2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

• Do you still like the Germans even with all the injury issues?

And if Schweinsteiger and Boateng are unavailable, what do you think the starting 11 will look like?

And for a laugh, I saw someone on another forum say that England will win because they play with much more PASSION?? :puke:

Comment

• Originally posted by kraut View Post
        Do you still like the Germans even with all the injury issues?

And if Schweinsteiger and Boateng are unavailable, what do you think the starting 11 will look like?

And for a laugh, I saw someone on another forum say that England will win because they play with much more PASSION?? :puke:
        Yes, I still like them.

I'm going to wait a day yet until something more assuring comes out on Schweinsteiger. I could care less if Boateng was available, or not.. as if I were Joachim Löw, he wouldn't be in my starting line-up.

Haha, that's a joke. England should be real motivated coming out of their group with 2 goals scored against 3 terrible defenses. Let's not forget literally booed off the pitch by their home fans.

USA-GHANA play, and write up on the way.
        2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

• Thanks Hero..

See any potential upsets in the round of 16??

Comment

• agree with some things you said about USA,but since the 2nd half vs slovenia,they've looked good,i mean ghana on offense looks like 12 year olds out there,very lucky on 2 goals with pk's and obviously benefited by 2 red cards,no doubt there defense is good but having a 1 man advantage vs aus and not doing anything? only advantage is being from africa at this stage,there best player is out,there complaining about the weather being too cold

i dont know, ghana just doesnt look that good to me,going back the qualifications and what not,at this stage its anyones match,ghana can win but i dont see how you think all of sudden there going to score a couple of goals when they havent hit the net more than once since qualifications against weak ass teams

usa is playing well and you know how us americans are when were confident,there playing well and showed it last game,just unfortunate they didnt get a couple more goals

should be a good match,i do not think usa will get embarssed

Comment

• WORLD CUP

Untited States vs. Ghana

Here we go.

With standards never set so high for the United States national team, comes their biggest game in history. A Round of 16 class with Ghana.

The USA needed last minute heroics from Landon Donovan to push them through past the group stages. The 11 were bound and determined to get that goal, and until that scoreboard would of said FT, I couldn't of imagined them not getting it. USA soccer is better than it has ever been. But exactly how good is it? I mean, REALLY? Let's break it down:

Since 2010 World Cup Qualifying began, The USA, and Mexico were practically shoe-in's to go though, since most of the CONCACAF would get blasted by Division 3 Romanian club teams. A successful WC Qualifying campaign would consist of:

-Winning, or drawing at the Azteca.
              -Beat all Caribbean Zone teams handily.
              -Maintain fitness, and further build team chemistry.

Well, they didn't win/draw at the Azteca. No shame there, though. As it is one of the toughest places in the world to play.

Beating all the Caribbean Zone teams handily. They started off great, by thrashing Barbados 8-0. They then process to just narrowly escape with a W on the other side, beating Barbados by a slim 1-0 margin. They would continue those ways with a 1-0 win over Guatemala, and Cuba. Then BAM, a 2-1 DEFEAT to Trinidad & Tobago. To the USA's defense, they were playing the best players that TWO islands had to offer, not just one. :laughing:

Nonetheless, this very result gave proof that USA soccer is not at the level many assume it to be at. To sum up the rest of the USA qualifying campaign, is more of the same. Allowing goals galore to Caribbean, and Central American nations. But still doing enough to win most of those games, and still qualify easily.

The USA really put itself on the map with their performance in the Confederations Cup. Why people use this to gauge the quality of the USA team, I have NO clue. Beating Spain was obviously the highlight of the year. Oh, and ALMOST beating Brazil. I don't care if they beat both Spain, and Brazil 3-0.. it wouldn't change the fact that all the Confed Cup is, is another way of saying "warm up for the World Cup". As Kaka' was previously noted in saying "We use these games to get fit. Have fun playing with each other, and try new things." Does the USA think they beat the real Spain? Spain went on to draw with South Africa 2-2 after that. I guess Spain is really THAT bad after all? No, they're not. Winning the Confederations Cup provides no ecstasy. Losing it provides no despair. Watching world class players and world class teams play with nothing at stake is pretty much akin to watching them train.

A great comparison to that, is when top European teams come over here to play an MLS squad. Why do you think the top Europrean side is always only even money to win? Shouldn't they be around -500? No. It's a matter of motivation.

--- There we have it. The USA men's squad last 2 years. Most people just refuse to be realistic to what they have ACTUALLY accomplished, which is nothing. Tomorrow's game will be the biggest game any one of those players have been in. If they come out victorious tomorrow, that win will triumph over any game they have participated in thus far.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Ghana. Africa's new darlings. With every African team failing to make the Round of 16, Ghana is now the crowd favorites. Unlike any other continent, at the end of the day, Africa always supports it's own. They will have the support of any other continent supporter, and most importantly, the local fans. With only a pack of American supporters, they will be canceled out by vuvuzela's, and cheers for Ghanaian positive moves in full force. This game suddenly turns into USA vs. AFRICA (with Ghanaian players).

The secret weapon: Asamoah Gyan

To quickly track his progress:
              -Started with a Ghanaian squad (Liberty Professionals)
              -Transferred to Serie A Italy (Udinese)
              -Transferred to Ligue 1 France (Rennes)
              -Will now be transferred to EPL England (West Ham United)

You see this trend? And this kid is a striker. In 1 year time, he will be mentioned with Eto'o. Finally facing a defense his teammates will be able to take advantage of, Gyan will be the one man wrecking crew to put the USA in a tailspin. Consider this his coming out party to the non-soccer diehards. The USA MUST clamp him down, or he will wreck havoc the entire 90 minutes.

Ghana will more than likely be running a 4-2-3-1 to assure Gyan opportunities from all angles.

It took a marvelous strike from Ozil for Germany to gain the 3 points. A game where I expected Germany not to miss Klose as much as they actually did. So what Ghana did to Germany impressed me to hell. The USA has no Podolski, Klose, Ozil, ect. It should take something special to score on them... something I don't think the USA has. Not in this type of game.

My play:

Ghana To Advance (+110)
              $2,500 to win $2,750

Prediction: USA 0-2 Ghana
              2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

• good write up but your kind of one sided,,ghana's last 3 goals in world cup play have all been by pk's and you expect them to all of a sudden flip the switch and win 2 null? you talk about US qualification,why dont you talk about ghana beating countries that people dont even know exist?

gyan is no doubt good,but one man can not do it all,im not trying to change yer opinion,its just hard for me to agree on ghana for any reason,they are luckier than the US to be here,they can not score when importunity presents itself

10 aussies for 60 min and they didnt do anything? now there playing a highly confident US team that has played well last 3 halves and yer analysis is as if ghana is a shoe in and a threat

i have no clue if im going to bet this match yet,but the under looks like the play if i do..i will say you do seem to know about soccer ,but yer analysis seems way off on this match,just my opinion because you fail to mention some key points i have pointed out in my 3 post in yer thread,like those dont matter all of a sudden,either way..bol
                Last edited by threats77; 06-25-2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

good write up but your kind of one sided,,ghana's last 3 goals in world cup play have all been by pk's and you expect them to all of a sudden flip the switch and win 2 null? you talk about US qualification,why dont you talk about ghana beating countries that people dont even know exist?

gyan is no doubt good,but one man can not do it all,im not trying to change yer opinion,its just hard for me to agree on ghana for any reason,they are luckier than the US to be here,they can not score when importunity presents itself

10 aussies for 60 min and they didnt do anything? now there playing a highly confident US team that has played well last 3 halves and yer analysis is as if ghana is a shoe in and a threat

i have no clue if im going to bet this match yet,but the under looks like the play if i do..i will say you do seem to know about soccer ,but yer analysis seems way off on this match,just my opinion because you fail to mention some key points i have pointed out in my 3 post in yer thread,like those dont matter all of a sudden,either way..bol
                  No worries. You're opinion won't change mine in the least, but I do respect it. :thumbs:

Honestly, I could of rambled on with this write up until tomorrow game time. But no one wants to read a 10 page essay.

Talking about recent form is irrelevant with the group scarcity between these 2. The only threat for the US, was supposedly England.. before they completely **** the bed as well. Even yet, they still had enough to beat the US, but still beat themselves.

2 goals down to Slovenia at HT, and needing a score to make it 1-0 vs. Algeria when it was 90+1' doesn't seem all that impressive.

Of course Ghana had it rough in their group. Up against 3 defenses you can classify as Top10 in the world.

The USA doesn't, and never have had a decent defense. Ghana will exploit it, just as every other team has in past years.

Only thing left, is to play the game. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. :thumbs:
                  2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

• Originally posted by xHeroOfTheDayx View Post
                    No worries. You're opinion won't change mine in the least, but I do respect it. :thumbs:

Honestly, I could of rambled on with this write up until tomorrow game time. But no one wants to read a 10 page essay.

Talking about recent form is irrelevant with the group scarcity between these 2. The only threat for the US, was supposedly England.. before they completely **** the bed as well. Even yet, they still had enough to beat the US, but still beat themselves.

2 goals down to Slovenia at HT, and needing a score to make it 1-0 vs. Algeria when it was 90+1' doesn't seem all that impressive.

Of course Ghana had it rough in their group. Up against 3 defenses you can classify as Top10 in the world.

The USA doesn't, and never have had a decent defense. Ghana will exploit it, just as every other team has in past years.

Only thing left, is to play the game. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. :thumbs:
                    same to you...i was actually going to drive up to vegas(only 3.5 hour drive) to place a fairly large wager for this,but i passed last minute..i went up twice during the week and had a very successful week in the few matches i bet, for me when i make a large wager, i do not like watching the game,so i decided for this game that im going to pass so i can sit and enjoy it,i did like the under but didnt want to lay the price

i do not like betting online anymore..2 years ago i went on a crazy winning streak during baseball season and i was sick of the way the books handle payouts,they give you the run around and lag like crazy,gave me checks from foreign countries that my bank had to hold for 7 days,how is your book with withdrawls? sorry to be somewhat off topic

what do you think about the spain line? didnt think they'd be that big of a favorite

Comment

same to you...i was actually going to drive up to vegas(only 3.5 hour drive) to place a fairly large wager for this,but i passed last minute..i went up twice during the week and had a very successful week in the few matches i bet, for me when i make a large wager, i do not like watching the game,so i decided for this game that im going to pass so i can sit and enjoy it,i did like the under but didnt want to lay the price

i do not like betting online anymore..2 years ago i went on a crazy winning streak during baseball season and i was sick of the way the books handle payouts,they give you the run around and lag like crazy,gave me checks from foreign countries that my bank had to hold for 7 days,how is your book with withdrawls? sorry to be somewhat off topic

what do you think about the spain line? didnt think they'd be that big of a favorite
                      I know everything your saying all too well.

I have especially made an effort to not wager on some games that peaked my interest, so I could really just take in the whole game, and enjoy it.

I have also had my fair share of problems with the exact situation. Until I found the miracle of Bank Wire lol. No hassle whatsoever. I couldn't imagine having to go back, and deal with the whole runaround they give you with the checks.
                      2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

• WORLD CUP

Uruguay vs. South Korea

It feels like the enitre world is on Uruguay here. For good reason. Diego Forlan is deserving of all of his praise 10 fold. One of my favorite players in the world to watch, and South Korea is going to have one hell of a problem containing him.

I like Uruguay to advance, but I just can't pay the -300. South Korea has taken advantage of every single mistake given to them, and will be up to the task today.

I'm just going to take the first game of the KO stages in, and enjoy it.

Prediction: Uruguay 1-0 South Korea
                        Uruguay via something jaw-dropper like from Forlan.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday plays & write up's coming soon.

BOL to all of you!
                        2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

• LMAO

Yong Lee to score via header would of been like a +50000 prop. I can't believe that.
                          2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

• Uruguay 2-1 South Korea FT

I actually won $100 in the final 3 minutes. Sportsbook had a Live In-Running.. "Under 3.5 Goals -400".. with 3 minutes left. What the hell?

This wasn't the result the USA wanted to see. If the USA beats Ghana, I will be on Uruguay very large... as I see Uruguay being one of the worst match up's in the entire tournament for a team like the USA.
                            2010 NFL Football

1-0 +$1,000

2010 NCAA Football

1-0 +$1,500

Soccer

68-16 +$18,429.12

2010 WORLD CUP

25-10 +$17,964.62

Comment

• Great Uruguay v. South Korea game. South Korea really impressed me in this World Cup. Great fitness and were actually fun to watch run at people and create some chances. Better team did advance in Uruguay though.

As for USA v. Ghana, I gotta agree with Hero. If you were watching Germany v. Ghana, you saw Ghana do a fantastic job of holding a VERY potent German attack (without Klose). You also saw Ghana create a lot of danger in the second half. I was really sweating that Ghana would earn the draw but the Germans were able to hold. If you remember, I was SWEATING that nightmare scenario where Germany would try sandbag for the draw with Australia handily beating Serbia. Luckily things did not play out that way.

Not going to attempt to match the other write-ups that have been written, but the two big factors for me here are:

One, the motivation of the Ghana squad will be tremendous, playing at home with the whole continent of Africa behind them. They will be very tough to beat.

Two, cohesiveness of the US squad. They have looked very scattered. With Onyewu not at full strength, Bradley was forced to bring Bocanegra into center back and the back 4 do not look like they have gelled. I'm still very suspect about the creativity of the US and their ability to create chances. It was nice to see Landon Donovan basically clean up the garbage against Algeria and earn the right to advance. Lets face it, the US won that match vs. Algeria by sheer will. As they reach the Round of 16, only a few select teams (Brazil, Spain, Germany) have the ability to overwhelm teams by sheer will.

I'll be placing a small bet on Ghana to advance, as that's where the value is. I don't want to lay too big because I'll still want to cheer for the US, as a win would be huge for soccer in the US.

My play:

Ghana to advance (+115). Risk 7.21 Units to Win 8.29 Units

Best of Luck all!:beerbang:

Comment

• Hero.. What are your thoughts Mondays and Tuesdays games?

Comment

Working...
                                X