Free NFL Office Pool Picks
Each week of the NFL’s regular season (Posted by Friday), the G-Man will post his predictions on this page. Get ready to steamroll your bosses, co-workers and buddies!
Bet on games for real money using your credit card at Bovada Sportsbook! They will match your first deposit with a dollar for dollar 50% bonus up to $250 in FREE cash!
Week 3 Games ATS
- Carolina (-7.5) over HOUSTON
- Washington (+8.5) over BUFFALO
- CLEVELAND (-7.5) over Chicago
- DETROIT (+8.5) over Baltimore
- Indianapolis (+5.5) over TENNESSEE
- LA Chargers (+6.5) over KANSAS CITY
- NEW ENGLAND (-2.5) over New Orleans
- NY GIANTS (-2.5) over Atlanta
- PITTSBURGH (-4.5) over Cincinnati
- JACKSONVILLE (+7.5) over Arizona
- NY Jets (+11.5) over DENVER
- Miami (+3.5) over LAS VEGAS
- LA RAMS (+0.5) over Tampa Bay
- MINNESOTA (+1.5) over Seattle
- Green Bay (+3.5) over SAN FRANCISCO
- DALLAS (-3.5) over Philadelphia
Week 2 Games ATS
NY Giants (+3.5) over WASHINGTON
CHICAGO (-2.5) over Cincinnati
CLEVELAND (-12.5) over Houston
LA Rams (-4.5) over INDIANAPOLIS
Buffalo (-3.5) over MIAMI
NY JETS (+5.5) over New England
PHILADELPHIA (+3.5) over San Francisco
PITTSBURGH (-5.5) over Las Vegas
CAROLINA (+3.5) over New Orleans
JACKSONVILLE (+6.5) over Denver
ARIZONA (-4.5) over Minnesota
TAMPA BAY (-12.5) over Atlanta
LA CHARGERS (-2.5) over Dallas
Tennessee (+5.5) over SEATTLE
Kansas City (-3.5) over BALTIMORE
Detroit (+10.5) over GREEN BAY
Week 1 Games ATS
- TAMPA BAY (-7.5) over Dallas
- ATLANTA (-3.5) over Philadelphia
- Pittsburgh (+6.5) over BUFFALO
- CINCINNATI (+3.5) over Minnesota
- DETROIT (+7.5) over San Francisco
- TENNESSEE (-2.5) over Arizona
- Seattle (-2.5) over INDIANAPOLIS
- WASHINGTON (+0.5) over LA Chargers
- NY Jets (+5.5) over CAROLINA
- HOUSTON (+2.5) over Jacksonville
- Cleveland (+6.5) over KANSAS CITY
- Miami (+2.5) over NEW ENGLAND
- NEW ORLEANS (+4.5) over Green Bay
- Denver (-2.5) over NY GIANTS
- LA RAMS (-7.5) over Chicago
- LAS VEGAS (+4.5) over Baltimore
How Football Pools Work
There are a few different ways to run an NFL office pool. The easiest and most simple to run is to have all participants pick the straight up winner of each game (no point spread involved). Each “player” pitches in a specified amount of money and whoever gets the most correct wins the pot. I HIGHLY recommend collecting money up front so you don’t have to spend time chasing people down for payment. No pay, no play! Not only is chasing down money a pain in the balls, but it can wreck friendships. Even worse, if this is happening with a co-worker, it can create unwanted issues in the office, which will surely have your boss shutting down the fun in no time!
Another way to play football pools is to play weekly and have a running count of wins each week, which accrue week to week and then have a season’s end winner. This style of play can generate some serious cash by either having a steep buy-in ($100) or by having participants toss in X amount each week.
Note: If you’re playing weekly, you will need to have a tiebreaker. The best tie breakers include having the players guess the total points scored in the MNF game OR total passing yards combined by both teams.
Keeping Track of Scoring
There are multiple ways to keep track of the standings for your pick’em pool. The easiest is to have it run online. There are numerous websites that offer this service. Some are free and some come with a minimal cost. By running your league online, you have the added benefit of being able to communicate with your league members instantly. You can talk smack, send reminders to enter picks, etc. This is by far the best way to run a league and keep accurate scores.
One can also of course use an Excel program or go old school with creating a typed up sheet and printing copies where players circle which teams they predict will win.
Spicing Up Your Pool
For those looking to add some spice to their league, picking games against the spread is a great way to play. Each week, Las Vegas Oddsmakers release point spreads for the upcoming games. This really adds an exciting twist to the mix and makes players think a bit harder about their picks as it removes the “easy factor” from games such as the league’s best team playing the league’s worst team. Everybody of course sides with the big favorite, as it’s a no brainer. A point spread situation makes this more of a 50/50 proposition, which is a heck of a lot more fun!