Indiana Pacers Visit The Boston Celtics as Big Underdogs
Indiana Pacers (27-13 SU)(20-19 ATS) vs. Boston Celtics (24-15 SU)(21-18 ATS) Pick ATS
When: Wednesday, January 9th, 7:05PM ET
Where: TD Garden, Boston, MA
TV: Fox Sports Midwest (DirecTV 671)
Point Spread: Ind+7/Bos -7
Over/Under: 214 (Opened at 212.5)
Money Line: Indy +226/Celts -275 (Bovada Sportsbook)
Power Rating: Boston -9
Probable Starting Lineups
Pacers: PG Darren Collison, SG Victor Oladipo, SF Bojan Bogdanovic, PF Thaddeus Young, C
Celtics: PG Kyrie Irving, SG Marcus Smart, SF Jayson Tatum, PF Marcus Morris, C Al Horford
Over the past 5 games, The Pacers are 4-1 straight up and 1-4 against the spread. All five of those games went OVER the total. The team has been scoring well at 117.4 while shooting 52.4% during that stretch, while only allowing 109.6 points per game.
The Celtics have also gone 4-1 over their last five, also covering the spread at 4 wins and one loss. They too have been scoring well at 113.6, while shooting 50.1% from the field. Opponents have only scored 102.6 during that span, while shooting 44.8%.
Pacers F/C Myles Turner has missed the last two games with a shoulder and is doubtful tonight. The team has gone 1-1 in his absence. Celtics part-time C Aron Baynes has been out with a hand injury since December 19th. The team has gone 6-4 since his absence.
TIRED OF YOUR CREDIT CARD NOT WORKING AT SPORTSBOOKS? IT WILL AT BOVADA + GET A 50% BONUS!
Reasons I’m Betting the Pacers
Some very simple variables in place here tonight with the main being one of my favorites… The Indiana Pacers have played the Boston Celtics TOUGH as of late. The last four contests have had final score margins of 1, 2, 6 and 1. As you can see, the Pacers would have covered tonight’s spread in all four games. Five more reason’s to see value in taking the points…
- Indy is HOT! The Pacers are 7-1 straight up in their last 8 games and 14-3 in their last 17.
- The Pacers play well on back to backs as evidenced by their 5-1 record ATS (against the spread).
- Indy plays tough within the division at 6-3 SU.
- The Pacers play well on the road at 13-8 this season.
- I love Myles Turner but am glad he’s doubtful tonight because Sabonis is a more efficient player who tends to hang around the hoop and get garbage rebounds/points.
How the Public is Betting the Pacers/Celtics Game
Initial action has been very square with 60% betting the Celtics. The bookies like their position at Pacers +6.5 as the line has not budged. The likely scenario here tonight is that Boston wins the game straight up, but does not cover.
- The Pacers are 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings with the Celtics.
- The Pacers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games playing in back-to-backs.
- Kinda weird and maybe even worthless, but the Pacers are 8-2 in their last 10 Wednesday games.
- The Pacers bring it vs. teams with over .600 winning percentages as they’re 13-4 ATS over their last 17 while in this spot.
- Indy is 16-6 ATS in their last 22 vs. Atlantic Division opponents.
- Indiana is 17-7 ATS in their last 24 vs. a home team with a winning record.
- Boston is 4-9 ATS in their last 13 games vs. a team with a winning record.
Despite both teams scoring the ball well lately, they tend to slow it down when these two teams meet as the UNDER is 10-4 in the last 14 meetings and 20-8 in the last 28 at the Garden.
Kevin West’s Pick to Cover the Spread
There are few variables stronger than riding the hot hand. That along with the fact that the Pacers “bring it” when they face Boston makes the Pacers a bet worth making.
West’s daily picks can be found on our free picks main page. Both football leagues and both basketball leagues, as well as baseball when in season, is covered. All sports selections are always free.